Friday, May 22, 2009

BLACK COLLECTION ON COLLEGE-PROS

Black Collection would like to give a big "THANK YOU" to our friends at College Pros for such a wonderful interview. Reggie teamed up with College Pros, Jonna Humphries, to answer some questions that many of our followers may not have known.

If you guys didn't know, College Pros is an "online guide displaying the faces of the future." Voted by Vibe Magazine as one of the TOP 25 fashion blogs, they believe in those that believe in themselves. There mission is to display those who dream. They bring attention to innovative individuals "who grasp opportunity and strive for nothing but success." Here's an excerpt, to view the interview in its entirety check out www.college-pros.com.

Excerpt from BC interview:
What made you realize that you wanted to start your own company? How old were you? Well ever since I used to work in SOLO, I couldn’t wait to start the line. I actually decided to start the line on a bus ride during my study abroad experience in South Africa. I was on the bus writing ideas, and I just told myself when I get back to the States, I was going to begin the groundwork for starting the line. I was about 21 years old.

So you decided to start the BLACK Collection. What were your first three steps?
The first three steps were getting all the legal, and tax documents in order that was first. The second step was getting advice from some great friends of mine that had already had clothing lines similar to what I wanted to do. (Shout out to Tabi Bonney). Just so I would at least have an idea of what to expect. The last step was to just get to work.

No comments: